Friday 16 January 2015

Is Your Resolution to Thrift More and Spend Less? Good news!

It's belated, but happy 2015, thrifty friends! I hope you have done your homework and checked online for upcoming sales!

Well, I have anyway, and you can all copy my homework. ;)

In January at the Heils Armee:

In our city, pictures and books are going on sale on 24 Januar. Usually that means they bring out extra stock for the sale!

And perhaps the most important date of all at the Heils Armee this year / season:

FEBRUARY 28 - SOMMERKLEIDER! (Summer Clothing!)


Yes, I've been to the opening of the sommer kleider last year. I can't remember if I went late on the same day, or if I arrived a day or two late, but THE GETTING WAS GOOD - REALLY GOOD! They save up the good stuff for this date, so make sure you go! :)

Missed it? The Winter Kleider sale will be on the 5 September 2015, according to the site. Don't miss both of them! :)

On the 30 January at the CARITAS in Oerlikon, there's a Snow White and Rose Red themed apero and storytelling going on from 16:00 to 20:00. I'm not sure what that means (if anything) in terms of shopping, but there's pear bread, pastries, punsch and cheese on offer. I might not bother attending this, but if you go, please share your experience in the comments section! (I still dislike CARITAS Oerlikon - went by the other day at five minutes before the lunch hour (I didn't notice because there were customers inside), tried to open the door, had it rattle on me, and got the most poisonous glare from the hefty old gal at the counter. I didn't bother coming back when it reopened). ;)


Anyway, it is good reminder to check out the NEWS section as well as the AGENDA section of the CARITAS SecondHand website! Sales seem to be under News, but the aperos aren't!



I missed a sale on Christmas decorations at CARITAS K&K, not that I needed any. Still, I wasn't keeping on top of things. Ah well.

So there you have it - some special thrifting events in the city!

Also - I've noticed that "Auszweiterhand" has really kept up in terms of up-to-date information! It's in German, but please check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments! :)