Friday 14 August 2015

Brocki-West: is it back from the dead?

According to Google Maps, Brocki-West is back, this time located at Militärstrasse 84 downtown.


Last year sometime I had emailed this brocki; their website remained, but the parking garage where it was formerly located (Altstetten area) had been taken over by other businesses. 

I had noted, at the time, that there was no address given for the brocki on their website, as it is now. So I emailed them. They responded by saying at present they did not have a retail space. Hmmm. I thought the show was over.

So, is it back? There's a review on Google for it (just the one) from 2 months ago. It's auf Deutsch, but from what I understood, they sent two letters to a grieving family about removal of items from the deceased's home based on an obituary they had read in the newspaper. The family was outraged - the funeral hadn't yet taken place, and they had received the same unwelcome 'sales letter' twice from Brocki-West.


The reviewer asks people to boycott this business and to go somewhere more deserving (they suggest the Heils-Armee. Here here!).

So now I'm conflicted. Do I head down there to sniff it out? Or do I simply avoid it altogether? I had made quite the expedition into unknown territory and bus routes to find it the first time (I think I was going by information from that lovely but now utterly useless and obsolete website NichtNeu at the time).

I'm already against the place for two reasons: firstly, it lead me astray once (though one might argue that it wasn't Brocki-West's fault); and secondly, it does seem poor form to hassle a grieving family (though I wonder if Brockiland does the same? Obviously not in this family's case!).

If I happen past it today or in the near future, I'll take a look at what these cowboys are up to (and offering). But hassling grieving families does seem so awfully....selfish and greedy.... and it's not a charity shop... I'm afraid I'm predisposed to not like it. Also - I'm not a huge fan of that neighbourhood, and can already imagine it being a rather dirty shopping experience.

Post a comment if you've been there and have an opinion! If not here, then somewhere helpful (like Google Reviews)!

TiZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments! :)