Thursday 13 August 2015

Dübious Brockenhaus Dübendorf: a non-review

Ah, the Brockenhaus Dübendorf: conveniently located near to the great Emmaus Brocki, conveniently has its own website, and is conveniently next door to the Dübendorf Denner.


It was, rather unconveniently, CLOSED for summer vacations. For more than a month. MORE THAN A MONTH!

This is the sort of information one should post on one's website. This is pretty much the only reason for a brocki to have a website in the first place - to let people know when the brocki is operational. (True, WHERE is also an important consideration, but GoogleMaps takes care of that. Google even posts the set opening hours. So really, the ONLY REASON for a BROCKI to HAVE a WEBSITE is to warn potential customers of aberrant closures!).

Major fail, guys.

It appeared to be a cramped, dusty little shop overflowing with the sort of junk that I would have really had a kick out of rummaging through. But now we'll never know. Because I probably won't be heading out to Emmaus any time soon (seeing as I don't need any furniture - see my upcoming review!), and I'm sure as sugar not heading all the way to Dübendorf to look at glass objet d'art when I have two Brockilands within easy striking distance (let alone Hiob, Arche, Heils-Armee, Caritas K&K, Remar...)!

So all I can tell you is that as of August 2015, it exists. It's not OPEN, but there's a chance it will be in September. If that's any use to you (not much to me, sadly). ;)

Oh drat. I just saw that there was a Blaues Kreuz brocki even closer to Emmaus. Can't believe I missed that! Hmm. Well, maybe next month I'll have to do the Dübendorf tour again...! 

Stay thrifty!

TiZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate your comments! :)